Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    GT Premium
    Engine
    RWHP

Water Leak

Hello Everyone,

Got a problem that is killing me, have a water leak that started inside the car and I can't find it, I have a 2014 Convertible GT. It's been 3 months, I've looked, researched, searched, pulled apart, almost everything looking for this leak. I have sitting water in the rear passenger floorboard. No where else. It's not draining from the front, so it's not the windshield runoff drains. Check all drain there and on the firewall in the engine compartment, nothing there. Checked all door drains, nothing there. There is no water sloshing sounds anywhere I can can tell. I've literally spun the car out trying to hear anything. So I don't believe there is any water in the fenders. There was a small separation of the back window from the convertible top, but I repaired that and water is still getting in. The trunk is not wet. From what I can tell the drains for the top appear to be working as well. It's not the drains underneath the chassis as the floor board gets wet just siting in the driveway. Ford wants 400 bucks to try to figure this out. I'd like to try myself before going there but I'm running out of time. I don't want to ruin the interior or get a mold problem. Glad this happened in the winter, if you can really say such a thing. SO I'm hoping someone has seen this or has some ideas. Damned weird thing. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I appriciate having this option.

Thanks Tom

tjstrow@gmail.com

As a side note, I have a brake kit for a 2009 Mustang if anyone wants or needs it. 4 rotors and pads. 0$$
    Also have a set of 2014 Stock mufflers if anyone needs or wants. 0$$

Trying to make room for other stuff....

Membership Chairman
    Webmaster
    VFMC Member Since: Apr 2006

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    GT
    Engine
    RWHP
    486 HP

Re: Water Leak

Hi Tom,

I have not had any issues with my convertible leaking, but it sounds like the problem is probably your top, but that is just a guess on my part. Hope you get it figured out.

Thread Information