Rainier42's Garage :: Jane

1. General Information
    Jane
    Ford
    Mustang
    Springtime Yellow
    K-code 2+2 Fastback

Jane started her life out as a racer. The first owner wanted to purchase a 1966 K-code Fastback Mustang to drag race and asked his wife. She said yes with the condition that she get to pick the color ... hence Springtime Yellow. Jane was built in Metuchen, NJ.

Jane was raced successfully at a track in Monrovia, Md, and still retains her badges in her rear window. She may have been raced at other tracks as well.

Unfortunately, Jane ended her racing career with a blown engine. When I purchased her in August, 2013 (I am the 4th owner), I located an original 289 HiPo engine owned by a member in the Shelby club and purchased/rebuilt it.

Spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to restore Jane. Certainly I could have gone the Concours route but decided against this. Instead, I decided to restore her as the racer she started her life out as and was intended to be.

Modifications

Stock

Stock

•  

Period correct looking AM/FM radio.

•  

Rebuilt 289 HiPo. Updates include roller cam, roller rockers, roller timing chain, ported heads, Tri-Y headers, Cobra aluminum intake manifold, Cobra engine dress-up goodies, front drums converted to disk brakes, stock 3.89 rear, T5Z transmission.

215/60R15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A tires mounted on Magnum 500 15x7 wheels.

Comments: / Views: 5764