PDA

View Full Version : Rich Nagle

Robert Parsons
03-31-2023, 05:37 PM
Hey, where is NASTY93 these days?

NASTY93
04-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Hey, where is NASTY93 these days?

Right here Bobby. Going to be at Kimberton, Carlisle and Chocolate Fox :thumbup:

Been busy paying my mechanical genius buddy to keep the money pit running.
My transmission, last rebuilt in 2004, began to make ungodly squealing, screaming, spine-tingling noises, so the experts told me the ol' T5 was junk. Bolted in the money pit now is a brand new Hanlon-modified T5 2.95Z.
Featuring:
Heavy Duty Ford 2.95Z T5 Transmission
Improved Synchronizers and Bearings
Torque Capacity – 300 lbs/Ft
Includes Factory Tremec Shifter
Input Shaft – 10 Spline
Output Shaft – 28 Spline
Extremely lightweight just 75 lbs. dry!
Exceptional fuel savings with 0.63:1 overdrive.

Then, the 30 year old differential began to rattle the driveshaft at speed and cause a scary "we're all gonna die" racket, so all bearings and races were replaced in the pumpkin and Redline gear oil added. The spider gears and the 4.10 ring & pinion seemed fine.
After everything was back together and my checking account empty, nervous system frazzled, the driveline in the ol' money pit was silent, not leaking and shifting really well. On to the next emergency.....

Robert Parsons
04-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Excellent Rich, did you register for Kimberton yet? Get-R-Done if you have not.

I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of the convertible. I don't need to be baking in the sun anymore. But not sure now is a good time to be spending money on a new Mustang. So, probably hang on a while longer. Can always keep the top up.

:rich:

NASTY93
04-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Well....I fully intend on going but I think I've become a "day-of-show" asshole because recently in the past it's rained on show day. I know there's a rain date this year, but I can't make that date due to family commitments.
Back in the day, it was worth it to pre-register because Natalie guaranteed you a huge, bloated "goody bag"....the day-of-show schmucks got whatever was left over, if anything....sadly the last few years have provided pathetic skimpy bags to pre-registered guys, so there's really no incentive to pre-register aside from saving $5, and I don't mind the extra money.

Robert Parsons
04-01-2023, 08:07 PM
Yeah, the vendors are not giving out much for goodie bags anymore. Oh well.

Mustang Jackie
04-07-2023, 07:58 AM
Yeah, Tina sends out all the notices about the goodie bags, but the companies are becoming like you said very “skimpy“ with what they send us. I know we used to get little window cleaner packets and even little bottles of Lucas slick wax but now mostly all we get our flyers and then we buy a bunch of chips to put in ourselves. Sad but true.