Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    Coupe
    Engine

Hello,

Hello, my name is Jon. I have always been a Mustang car fan since my very first car at the age of 16 was a 1967 Brittany Blue straight 6 Mustang coupe. This car needed a lot of work as it only cost us 500 dollars. My father found it and figured we could work on it together, but that never happened. At the age of 16 I read up on how to properly Bondo a car, and got to work (horrible job, this car did not deserve this). So after a new set of tires, and several cans of black primer spray paint she was ready for the road. I began driving the car, and even though it drove horrible I loved this car.
    One night I had my brother in the car, he was sitting in the passenger seat during a rainy night when we hit a huge water puddle in the road, and I herd him scream. When I looked over I saw that he was soaking wet in what looked like he took a mud bath ( YEARS OF DIRT FROM WHAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME WAS ORIGNAL CARPET), and he had a dirty leaf on his cheek. Believe it or not I actually asked him "What did you do!".....The curse of the mustang floor board/cowl issue had gotten this old gal. This was more than a 16 year old boy and part time job could handle, so we took her to a shop only to find out she also had a bent frame and the mechanics told my mom the car was unsafe. So I was forced to let her go.
    Several years later, I graduated and joined the Air Force, once I was through boot camp and all of my training, and got my base. The first thing I did was purchase a 1966 Mustang coupe, with a 289. No still not a mechanic, but now armed with a military base garage you could rent, with tools, and friends who like to drink and pretend they are mechanics, we got to work. We made the engine look great, without doing any real mechanic work, and figured why not put a Holly 4 barrel double pump carb on it......more horse power why not? Well not too long after that, I was driving down the road, and tricked out Jeep Wrangler pulled up and wanted to race off the light, so I did. A few seconds later a loud POP!, smoke and a small fire on carb which i was able to blow out. The jeep driver actually pulled over and helped me push the car to a safe spot. while I was in the back pushing there was oil dripping out the exhaust. That was my last run with a mustang for many many years.
    Fast forward to 2007, I was married now for 14 years, and never asked my wife until that year what her favorite car was. When I did , I was surprised to her say "Mustang, I would love to own a red Mustang". So we bought a brand new red 2007 Mustang GT, and still own it today. We love to take this car on weekend getaways, Gettysburg, Poconos, ect. Other than that she is kept in the garage and out of harms way, and for some reason the wife will not let me touch it with any aftermarket items, I do not know why?
    Fast forward to fall 2014, and I get informed by the boss, that I am allowed to look into getting another old mustang as a project. And what happens? I get that all too well known I don't care what it looks like I will kid in a candy store when I see the car you want, and purchase a good looking 1968 Coupe, 289, Now good looking is looks good car as long as you don't look to closely. The good news, this cars actually has some good bones, and a nice solid engine. It did need a lot of floor work, torque boxes, new cowl, and other major work, but the car itself was true straight. So several years later the car is almost complete after large amounts of $$$$ and 33 years of always wanting to own a 1st generation coupe Mustang, I am looking to put the interior back in it in the next few weeks and get her out for some nice cruising. After years of frustration, wanting to own a Mustang, I am very fortunate to now have two, one new and one old.

I am also looking forward to attending the March meeting and possibly becoming a member, I have never belonged to any club, and if I ever was to join one, a Mustang club would be it.

Sorry for the long babbling, looking for to meeting some really great people with some beautiful looking cars.
    Last edited by JL19426; 02-10-2017 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling error

2. The Following User Gives a Big Thumbs Up to JL19426 For This Post:

franknstang (02-12-2017)

President VFMC Member Since: Apr 2011

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    Shelby GT500
    Engine
    RWHP
    1/4 Mile
    Driver limited

Re: Hello,

Hi Jon, great story! Glad you found us and looking forward to seeing you at the march meeting!

Board Member VFMC Member Since: Jun 2013

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    GT
    Engine
    1/4 Mile
    13.565@105.69

Thanks for sharing the story! Hope to see you in March!

Sent from my semi-smart phone...

Secretary VFMC Member Since: 06/01/200

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    V6 W/ Pony Package
    Engine

Welcome hope to see you in March :)

Board Member
    Newsletter Editor
    VFMC Member Since: May 2007

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    GT 40th Anniversary
    Engine
    4.6 L
    RWHP
    1/4 Mile
    12.502 @ 111.86

Great story, Jon! If you join the club, I would love to use it in our newsletter. Unfortunately, I won't be at the March meeting but I'll look for you on this forum afterwards and see if we can do business!

"Guaranteed a good time in 12.502 seconds or less"

VFMC Member VFMC Member Since: Mar 2017

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    Coupe
    Engine

Jackie,

I would be honored to share. I am looking forward to my first meeting, I have seen many of the club memebers cars at shows around the area over the years! It is amazing how many folks belong to this club, and the cars are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to hear stories about other members experiences and their passion with mustangs and getting their first one and beyond.

VFMC Member VFMC Member Since: 05/21/2011

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    GT Premium Coupe
    Engine
    RWHP
    1/4 Mile
    n\a

Hi Jon,
    I look forward to meeting you one day as well as your Mustangs, old and new.

VFMC Member VFMC Member Since: 03/06/06

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    BOSS 302
    Engine
    RWHP

Hi jon,,you are most welcome. Great story looking forward to seeing some the herd.

"Irish by birth,,,American by choice"

VFMC Member VFMC Member Since: Jun 1998

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    Mustang Boss 302
    Engine
    RWHP
    278 rw

Welcome to the Forum ! I , also will most likely not make it to the March meeting , but hope to see you and either of your cars this Summer !

Drive it like you stole it!

VFMC Member VFMC Member Since: 08/27/20

Downloads
    Uploads

Mustang Information
    Year
    Model
    GT/CS vert.
    Engine
    1/4 Mile
    12.9 @ 110

Welcome. Babble on, we love to hear Mustang stories. We are always looking for stories about Mustangs to put in our news letter and maybe the Mustang Times. Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Thread Information